Worship Services at the church are Sundays at 8:30am and 10:00am. An online service is also available to serve the needs of all our members. Community Groups and Sunday School classes have not yet resumed meeting. For a complete update, provided during COVID-19, please click here.
September 18, 2020 Update:
Greetings to all at the Kimball Christian Church:
As we, the saints and sinners of Kimball Christian Church, prepare to return to indoor services starting October 4th, 2020--it is important for us to remember and focus on that which unites us and what is of primary importance to the life of a follower of Christ—namely the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is through His shed blood that we will triumph over the great deceiver and destroyer of mankind—Satan. Please pray, read, reflect, and meditate on these Scriptures:
“I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call—one Lord, one faith, one baptism.”
Ephesians 4:1-6 ESV
“Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore, whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgement.”
“The Lord is my light and salvation; whom shall I fear”
Psalm 27:1 ESV
We know that there are many and divergent opinions on how to best live out our Christian convictions before the Lord, one another, the world, and the government. It is critical for all believers to extend grace to one another and to be humble and kind as we seek the leading of the Holy Spirit in understanding the teachings of our Lord in the application of our convictions today. It is also important to note that many of the current discussions about health and hygiene are not relative to the critical issues of salvation or faith. In other words, we cannot and must not hold them up as a “test of fellowship.” The fact remains that we have been rescued from eternal death by God’s son through his love, mercy, forgiveness, and grace. We urge everyone to practice these same virtues of love, mercy, forgiveness, and grace with one another—even if there are differing opinions!
In view of the above we ask that each Church Member and Church Attender note the following:
- We are scheduled to meet inside our church building beginning October 4th.
- We will continue to offer an on-line service to serve the needs of all of our members.
- As we move inside, there will initially be two services at: 8:30-9:30 AM or 10:00-11:00 AM
- The building will be cleaned/sanitized between the services.
- Please respect your brothers and sisters in Christ by practicing good physical hygiene.
- Use masks, hand sanitizer, and social distancing as methods of utilizing healthy hygiene habits and preferring the needs of others above your own. We understand if you are unable to wear a mask and you will not be asked to explain.
- If you are not feeling well or you have been in direct contact with someone who has been sick, please refrain from attending, stay away from others, and utilize our on-line service.
- We plan to resume Sunday School for all ages and Adult community groups later this fall/early winter.
Yours in Christ,
Elders of Kimball Christian Church