As we navigate the challenges of COVID-19, we are continuing with our Outdoor Worship Services for the months of July and August--Sundays at 9:00am. Community Groups, Sunday School classes, and nursery services are not yet available. During weekdays, the building is open for small groups--please contact the church office to coordinate time(s) and use of rooms.
June 23, 2020
Greetings Kimball Christian Church Family and Friends:
The Elders met recently to discuss and pray about our next steps as a congregation as we navigate the challenges of the COVID-19 Pandemic. The purpose of this memo is to announce our plans for the upcoming month of July. In addition to our current, weekly-online service, we will continue to offer an outdoor “Live” Church service at 10:00 AM [NOW 9:00AM (updated July 1)] as we have been doing during the month of June.
Specific details of these outdoor services will remain as follows:
- If the weather does not cooperate with us, the outdoor service will be cancelled, and you will be encouraged to watch our services online at home. (We will also be showing the on-line service on the big screen in the sanctuary for a limited number of people—based on 50% capacity in accordance with CDC guidelines).
- The sermon will be the same as our online service.
- The building will generally remain closed including the bathrooms (except for emergency situations).
- Community Groups, Sunday School, and any nursery services will not be available at this time.
- Masks will be welcomed, BUT not required.
- Families will be asked to sit together and to also practice social distancing, as we fill our lawn and parking lot with lawn chairs and blankets. A designated parking area will also be provided for those who may feel more comfortable by choosing to remain in your car but want to attend “Drive-in” church. (If you desire to remain in your car, please turn on your emergency flashing lights to alert our parking lot attendants to direct you to the designated parking area).
Additional News and Notes of interest:
- A decision on the status of VBS for this year will be made soon. The VBS planning team is in the process of discussing the possibility of hosting a VBS this summer and what steps need to be taken to develop a safe plan for our church and community without compromising the integrity, excitement, and commitment to excellence that we have come to expect at KCC.
- While the leadership is excited that Riley and Alec are expecting a new addition to their family in July, that means that Riley will be stepping back from her part-time staff position as our Worship Coordinator. A search committee (Bryan B, Joe D, Terry G, Lori M) has been working diligently to fill the position and is making significant progress.
- The Building Expansion Committee continues to meet, and they are taking the necessary steps and making progress toward their goals.
- An Elders Retreat is being scheduled to discuss the next steps for the 150th Anniversary Celebration scheduled for September 27, as well as the development of a strategic plan for KCC ministries for this fall and for 2021 and beyond.