Article Featured in the February 1, 2019, KCC Newsletter
From the Pastor's Pen
by Pastor Kevin White
I can not begin to describe the disappointment and anger I experienced recently when the Governor of New York announced the signing of New York’s new “Abortion Law!” I was appalled and outraged by the ensuing celebration of the decision! They cheered the decision and then put a
We need to hear that God is still in control. We need to hear that it’s not over until He says so. We need to hear that life’s mishaps and tragedies are not a reason to bail out. They are simply a reason to sit tight. Corrie ten Boom used to say, “When the train goes through a tunnel andthe world gets dark, do you jump out? Of course not. You sit still and trust the engineer to get you through.”Next time you’re disappointed, don’t panic. Don’t jump out. Don’t give up. Just be patient and let God remind you He’s still in control.
- "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I haveovercome the world." — John 16:33
- "Nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow — not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love." — Romans 8:38 NLT
- "They cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them out of their distresses." — Psalm 107:19
- "You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble."— Psalm 59:16
You may be down to your last paycheck, solution, or thimble of faith. Each sunrise seems to bring fresh reasons for fear… The plague of our day, terrorism, begins with the word "terror." But Jesus doesn’t want you to live in a state of fear. Nor do you.
- "He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you can hide. His truth will be your shield and protection. You will not fear any danger by night or an arrow during the day." — P salm 91:4-5 NCV
- "I called on the Lord in distress; the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" — Psalm 118:5-6
I hope these thoughts and these Scriptures will help encourage you in your walk with the Lord, and whatever situation you may be dealing with in your life! Please join with me in praying for revival in our Land and for wisdom for our leaders as they make decisions that will effect us all. I pray that they will be God-Honoring decisions that will ultimately bring Glory & Honor & Praise to God.
P.S. I hope to greet you this Sunday, as we gather to corporately worship God together!